Serves 4 as a side dish
Skill Level: Easy
For the tomato tapenade:
80g cocktail tomatoes
10g black Kalamata olives, pitted
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Coconut Prawns:
1 Tbsp (15ml) coconut oil, melted – per batch
800g fresh whole prawns, with the heads and tails on
To make the tapenade:
- Cut the tomatoes in half and season them with thyme, salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Place them into a preheated oven at 120C and roast uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until dehydrated.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- To a blender, add the dehydrated tomatoes, olives, anchovies, olive oil and season before blitzing to a chunky paste.
- Decant into a jar and store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
To make the prawns:
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan and gently fry 5-6 prawns until golden brown and cooked through.
- Set aside on some kitchen towel to drain any excess oil.
- Serve immediately with the tapenade and Banting Blvd’s seed cracker premix.