HEBA Millionaire Shortbread Bars Recipe
Gluten-free and banting-friendly, this low-carb treat option is as delicious as it is beautiful! Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
HEBA shortbread layer:
100g Heba Pap
2 tbs coconut flour
100g butter, softened
Pinch of salt
4-6 tbs erythritol/xylitol
1/2 cup peanut butter (sugar free)
1/4 cup coconut oil or butter, melted
4 tablespoon erythritol/xylitol
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup dark chocolate, 85 - 90%
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Shortbread layer: Preheat oven to 180’C. Line and grease a baking dish.
- Combine ingredients for HEBA shortbread in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Press dough into baking dish and bake in oven for about 10-15 minutes (until golden brown).
- Remove the baking dish and let it cool for about 30 minutes.
- “Caramel” layer: Combine ingredients in a pot on medium heat, whisk for 2 minutes until liquid. Let cool completely.
- Pour “caramel” over shortbread and put into freezer for about an hour.
- Chocolate layer: melt ingredients together and mix until smooth, then pour chocolate over “caramel” and add back to freezer until firm.
- Cut into small bars and enjoy!
*Will stay good in freezer for about a month