Try this easy (and delicious) #HebaPap Crispy Chicken recipe as a simple Banting dinner idea! Add these chicken strips to salads, lettuce wraps or as a side with roasted veggies.
- 4 large chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 cup HEBA
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1.5 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda/baking soda
- 1 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 large eggs
- ½ - 1 cup banting bbq sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together. In a separate bowl beat the eggs then
dip the chicken into the eggs till fully coated.
3. Then place the chicken in dry ingredients and coat fully.
4. Place the strips on the prepared baking tray and bake for 15 minutes until the crust is slightly golden.
5. Dip each strip in the BBQ sauce and place back onto the baking tray. Bake for another 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked.
6. Allow to cool down and serve with banting ranch sauce or more banting bbq sauce. Alternatively serve in lettuce tacos with a fresh cucumber and tomato salsa and banting sweet chili sauce.