Ices 12 muffins
Skill Level: Easy
¼ cup (60ml) xylitol
½ cup (125ml) water
3 chai tea bags
2 cardamom pods
1 star anise, whole
1 cinnamon stick
200g cream cheese
½ cup (125ml) butter, softened
3 Tbsp (45ml) xylitol
1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- To a medium pot, combine the xylitol, water, chai tea bags, cardamom, star anise and cinnamon and bring to a boil.
- Allow the xylitol to dissolve completely.
- Once mixture has boiled, turn off the heat and allow the tea to steep for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags, cardamom, star anise and cinnamon and discard.
- Allow the syrup to come to room temperature.
- To a mixer or food processor, combine the cream cheese, butter, xylitol, vanilla and the chai syrup and mix until smooth.
- Once the mixture is well combined, place into the fridge to set and remove from the fridge at least 30 minutes before frosting the cupcakes to ensure it is spreadable.
- Ice the cupcakes generously and garnish with a dehydrated apple slice.