This piece originally appeared on www.madebymary.se
Something happens with the cabbage while roasting with cheese in the oven. It enhances the sweetness of the cabbage and the dish becomes very balanced when combined with the salty, bacon bits.
You can choose white cabbage if you rather prefer that or some other cheese if you do not like goat cheese, but for me, this is a killer combo!
Serves 4 people as a starter or works as a party of a snack.
- 1 small red cabbage
- olive oil for brushing
- 150g chèvre (goat cheese)
- Honey or xylitol
- 1 packet of Bacon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil for frying
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C
- Cut the cabbage, into slice each about 1cm thick. Place the cabbage on a baking sheet covered with baking paper and brush with plenty of olive oil.
- Roast in the middle of the oven for about 20 minutes, or until it's softened and the edges are slightly browned.
- Remove the cabbage from the oven, crumble some goat cheese and drizzle a little honey or xylitol on top. Bake for 5 more minutes.