This piece originally appeared on www.ambitiouskitchen.com
Soft and chewy almond butter cookies with the perfect sweet and salty notes. Flourless and gluten free, too!
- 1 cup all natural creamy or chunky almond butter (use your favorite brand)
- 1/3 cup honey or xylitol syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate bar coarsely chopped and divided (use your favorite dark chocolate bar and chop it)
- sea salt, for sprinkling
- about 18 almonds for topping, if desired
- Preheat oven to 180˚
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together almond butter, honey (or xylitol syrup), egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt until smooth and creamy; about 2 minutes. Fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chunks.
- Drop tablespoon sized balls of dough onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper, top each cookie with extra chocolate chunks and an almond if desired.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies turn a slight golden brown underneath; they will be puffy!
- Cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.