Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Some people would say that a Braai Broodjie is a toasted sandwich. But it's so much more than that! Crispy bread, cheese melted on the braai... Absolutely delicious! Living a low-carb or Banting lifestyle doesn't mean you have to miss out on these traditional South African delights. Instead, we've created a Braai Broodjie using wholesome HEBA - tasty and healthy!
Boerenkaas, or cheese of choice
Sliced chilli beef biltong
- Follow the instructions on the back of the HEBA packet to make a Bread in a Mug. Cook in a microwaveable container to make larger slices of bread.
- Once cooled, evenly slice the bread to make two slices.
- Spread salted butter on both sides of each slice of bread.
- Make a sandwich of thinly sliced boerenkaas, then, biltong, followed by beorenkaas again, and toast over a braai until golden brown and the cheese has melted. Alternatively, fry in a hot pan.
- Make your own Banting Braai Broodtjies with your favourite toppings.