Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Yes, we're talking crispy, crunching, delicious fried chicken! All done the Banting way, of course. And everyone knows you can't have fried chicken without fried chips. Yup! We've got those covered too. This is HEBA in it's greatest form: versatile and nutritious but just as delicious. Low-carb never tasted this good!
5 pieces chicken
4 eggs, beaten
2 tsp Himalayan salt
20g Portuguese Chicken spice
20g Dried mixed herbs
- In a bowl, mix together the herbs, spices and HEBA.
- Beat 4 eggs in a separate bowl.
- Heat the Holsum in a deep saucepan or pot.
- Roll chicken pieces in dry mix, dip in egg and then dip in dry mix again.
- Fry until golden brown and crispy, and chicken is cooked through.
- Follow the instructions on the back of the HEBA packet to make pap.
- Flatten pap to about 1 cm height on a tray then allow the mixture to cool in the fridge until firm.
- Slice the HEBA pap into desired size chips then fry in Holsum until crispy and golden.
Serve the chicken and chips with Banting friendly tomato sauce.