Makes 3-4 portions
Prep Time: 1 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Umvubo is a traditional Xhosa dish that is enjoyed with sour milk, or Amasi, in the summer months. It's usually made with crumbly maize meal but we've created a low-carb/Banting version for you from HEBA. This dish is high in nutrients and the fermented Amasi offers wonderful gut healing properties.
3 cups HEBA
1 cup water
Pinch of salt
Amasi or buttermilk
- Bring water to boil on a stove top.
- Add HEBA to water, stir with a fork until krummels form.
- Add 1 more part water as needed.
- Allow to cool as preferred.
- Serve with amasi or buttermilk