Spoil yourself with a batch of Banting-friendly Blueberry and Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins. The lovely Angelique from The Good Roots blog has flavoured up one of our favourite premixes by adding in blueberries and almonds for extra tastiness and crunch. Shop Banting Blvd's Poppy Seed Muffin Premix here.
- 1 Banting Blvd. Poppy Seed Muffin Premix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup full cream / alternative milk
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- ¾ cup fresh/frozen blueberries
- ⅓ cup xylitol
- Preheat the oven to 180'C and line a muffin tray with muffin holders and lightly spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the content of the premix package with the almonds and xylitol.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs for 3-5 minutes until frothy and light . Then add the vanilla extract , almond milk and lemon juice and combine.
- Slowly incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined. Lastly fold in the blueberries .
- Scoop batter into 9-12 muffin holders and add a little more silvered almonds on top before popping in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool down 10 minutes before lifting out of muffin tray.
- Serve with nut butter drizzle and a cup of tea.